14/10/2015

Autumn crafts

As you will know if you read my blog, I spend a lot of time doing craft stuff with my daughter.

Autumn is a good time of year to do fun stuff with all the pretty leaves & things around. Last year we decorated conkers with glitter which I blogged about here & she has asked if we can do it again. Of course anything that involves glitter is a yes from me! We have done a few different things recently so I thought I would share with you.

I saw something on an Instagram account I follow & knew I wanted to do it. Leaf pressing! As we don't have a flower press, we did it the old fashioned way. A few sheets of kitchen roll & a couple of heavy books!!

Little Miss went out on the street to collect some leaves & I was impressed with her haul. Such gorgeous colours.


We laid them out & made sure there was enough space for them all then sandwiched them between the kitchen roll.




We then closed the books & put a bag of marbles on top for extra weight! We need to leave them for 2 weeks to make sure they have dried out so I will update once they have been properly pressed!


Another thing we love doing is making bunting. It's so easy but a lot of fun & you can use pretty much anything. We used my Graze box packaging. If you're not familiar with them, they are a snack box subscription & I get the boxes every fortnight. They are really good for me as I am not very good at remembering to eat sometimes so they are ideal for a quick snack to get my blood sugar up! With M.E where your energy is almost non existent, combine that with not eating & it is not a good combination!

Anyway, the latest box had a really nice leaf print on in Autumn colours so rather than throw it away I suggested making bunting. We drew some leaf shapes & cut them out.



We cut some out of orange paper too so we had more & coloured them in using red, brown, green & orange.



Then we simply sellotaped them onto some string & hey presto... homemade bunting!


It looks so effective & it's now hung in the conservatory against a blank wall so it really stands out.


Would love to know if you try either of them or if you have been doing other Autumn crafts. Let me know in the comments :)

Thanks for reading,


Ali 
xx

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© All About ME. Design by Fearne.