26/04/2014

Fundraiser & why it is so inportant

This morning my daughter told me that she wants me to be better so I can go places with her.  That statement alone proves why needing a cure for M.E is so important.  It breaks my heart but what can I do?  I have no choice but to keep going.

Who wants to live (exist) like this? Who would choose to be robbed of their life & be completely restricted in everything they do?
It is such a debilitating condtion, yet there is still so much lack of understanding & ignorance towards it. "Oh, M.E is when you are tired all the time isn't it" "Oh you are so lucky not having to work" "Oh you look really well". NO NO NO.

Our fundraising event came about when a group of us M.E sufferers who met on Twitter joked about being real life Sleeping Beauties.  From there we decided it would be good to try & raise some money for research into M.E on M.E Awarenees Day, 12th May.  We can't do sponsored walks, can't skydive, can't do anything involving physical activities but what we can do & excel in is sleeping/resting!

So we are becoming princesses for the day, we have a few men too in Team Princess! I'm sure they are secretly looking forward to it as much as us ladies ;-)  We will be dressing as princesses & raising money from our sickbeds so to speak.

We have already been bowled over by people's generosity.   As well as friends & family, the kindness of people we haven't seen for years & even strangers has been amazing.

Anyone who donates is entered into a prize draw to win a £50 bundle of goodies from e.l.f cosmetics, a fabulous Hugbox, some old fashioned sweeties which a lovely friend of mine has donated and some spoonie (chronic illness sufferer) prizes from The Pillow Fort


The fundraiser is part of an event called The Big Sleep for M.E http://www.thebigsleepforme.com/  The event is inclusive of all sufferers & is to raise awareness of the condition as well as fund valuable biomedical research.  All money raised is going to Invest in ME here
All we want is a cure.

We have already hit our target of £2000 but want to raise as much as possible.  If you want to help us please donate either via our team page where you can sponsor any princess taking part
http://www.justgiving.com/teams/meprincesses

or my JustGiving page is https://www.justgiving.com/AlisonWest33/

I would like to thank everyone who has supported me so far by donating.  It means so much to me.  If my daughter's wish of wanting me to be better could come true then I don't think I need to tell you how that would make me feel.

ME Mummy A xx

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© All About ME. Design by Fearne.